Friday 30 May 2014

Missing Opportunities

Missing opportunities sucks! But unfortunately it's sometimes something you have to deal with with arthritis.

My first unfortunate miss of an opportunity was when I first got arthritis, I was supposed to be going on a trip with school to Austria for skiing, we'd paid the deposit and everything, and then I found out I had arthritis, and that going to Austria was a massive no go, no matter about skiing! Because, as most arthritis sufferers (and most other people really) would know is that arthritis + snow/cold/wet = painnnnn. plus at the time it was first discovered my arthritis was so bad I couldn't walk well, so skiing was definitely off the cards.

Another more recent one is sky diving, and I tell you something, I have always REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to go sky diving!! So this year at uni, I decided to join the sky diving society, in the very high hopes I'd be able to do it... And then I couldn't get a doctor to sign my health form for me because of them not really knowing the effects that the pressure would have on my joints, and then my arthritis got worse again anyway... *sigh* But, I intend on joining sky diving again next year, and even the year after (if we still have the society anyway) in the dire HOPE that some day it'll be me jumping out a helicopter!!

Basically, some times you've got to miss opportunities, it's the same with every condition really, but never give up on them! But it is best to put your health and safety first and always consider it. Which, I know feels rubbish, before I got arthritis, I just wanted to do anything and everything!! But I still hope that I do get to do what ever I want at some point, it just might take a while until I can. But I'm willing to wait, and I will, most definitely sky dive at some point (sorry doctors, this isn't optional... ) I will at some point, even if it's not yet... Just watch this space...

Keep smiling :)

TTFN, Ta ta for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment