Tuesday 13 May 2014

Blood tests :(

Blood tests... WILL I EVER GET USED TO YOU? (warning: if you're very squeamish about thinking about blood tests, maybe you should give this blog a miss...)

So I finally had that blood test yesterday, and as expected I didn't react well to it, initially I was nervous because I hadn't had chance to eat anything, and my rule before blood tests has always been to eat and drink plenty, so that I don't feel hungry or thirsty... so, good start there. Then the nurse didn't warn me it was going to be more blood taken than what I'm used to, so I started worrying part way through that it was taking longer than usual so I thought she was struggling to get it, so then I got all light headed while she was still doing it, (which is never fun). And then she finally took the needle out and I was just very light headed and feeling very queasy... (I'm a massive wuss when I have blood tests!) Now I have a little bruise :( at least it's only little though.

I'm still looking for any blood test advice you can give me, at current my way about blood tests is: make sure you've eaten and drank beforehand, make sure you keep steady breathing throughout, read any posters that they have on the wall in the doctors while they're doing it... look anywhere but the needle! and then take a lollipop for afterwards!

So yeah, basically I'm not looking forward to these becoming a regular thing again, still hate blood tests after 6 years!!! :(

Todays blog is short but sweet. TTFN, Ta ta for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment