Friday 2 May 2014

A little bit of progress...?

Hey there!
So... Yesterday I finally got myself to the doctors after a while of limping around and what not, and now we might have some progress!? (Huzzah!) So I've nearly finished my first year of uni, and NOW i'm sorting out having a doctor here in Lincoln! (silly me...)

I've been put back on my meloxicam and my folic acid (because, silly Molly stopped taking it as I thought it felt better without it....) So yeah, piece of advice, even if you don't like your medication, don't stop taking it on your own accord, because now I've just ended up worse from it... yey! But I'm also seeing a doctor next week about getting back on methotrexate, as I'm going to need some blood tests to get started on that again (Boooooooo!). And they're also seeing about referring me to a rheumatologist in Lincoln! So, a little bit of progress now, and hopefully not too much joint pain for much longer!

The unfortunate thing about it, is obviously having my medication again and having to have blood tests again... I really hate both to be honest! Moving doctors was really hard, as back at home I got used to having the same nurse taking my bloods, and also, she would use a smaller needle etc. to try and make the experience less poo for me. And then I came here, and I saw someone I'd never seen before, and different size needles don't exist here! So... I really don't like it, still. If anyone has any blood test advice for me, that'd be great! I know it's not something you get 'used to' per-say, but I would like to get more comfortable/less nervous with it! So any advice is greatly appreciated! My only blood test 'thing' I do to help me, is take a lollipop for afterwards (1, for a reward, obviously and 2, to stop me feeling sick).

So, yeah, if anyone has any tips/tricks for blood tests, leave a comment, or tweet me, or whatever! I'll mention any good ones I get in my next blog (if I get any... obviously, haha!)

TTFN, Tata for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment