Monday 5 May 2014

Steroid Joint Injections

"You got injected with steroids, so you gonna be dead muscly now?".... I wish! haha

(I'm going to keep this blog short, because I've been told I write too much in one blog! sorry!) :D


This isn't the prettiest of pictures, but this is my ankle after my 35th & 36th joint injection (one at the front and one at the side of my ankle). Lovely, swollen and.... yellow. :D This is the first I've had done with a x-ray going on at the same time so they could see precisely where the needle was going.

I had my first 16 joint injections under a general anaesthetic, and then also the next 14 under a general anaesthetic, but since then, the last 6 have only been with 'laughing gas'. Having the actual joint injection hasn't been bad in either situation, as I haven't really felt it (much), it's the aftermath that's bad, it's quite painful and takes a few days to rest off. But they can be certainly very helpful, they pretty much made the majority of my joints pain free (with the obvious help of medication) and they've been alright since, with others such as my ankle (pictured) and my knee, it's not worked quite so well!

Joint injections really aren't worth worrying about, when I first got told about them when I was 13, I panicked a lot! "NEEDLE'S IN MY JOINTS!?! WHAT???!!" but after having them I realised they're certainly not as bad as they sound! (they're still not very jolly though) just make sure you have someone to look after you for a few days after! :)

(I'm still waiting for some replies on blood test advice from the last blog!! c'mon guys, I really need some! haha! thanks!) :)

TTFN, ta ta for now!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment