Thursday 21 August 2014

A Week and Two Days On...

Hey there!

It's been just over a week since my steroid injection in my knee, and unfortunately at the moment I appear to have no improvement... So this will probably mean when I go see the nurse for my next steroid injection, there'll be a change in  my medication.

At the moment, the options are either trying Sulfasalzine again (it previously hasn't done anything for me) or trying methotrexate injections again, obviously, anyone who knows me (or reads this blog) knows that I will pick the Sulfasalazine tablets because I HATE injections and will avoid them at all costs!

I'm already preparing myself for my next joint injection, planning on buying some new slippers, so I can put slippers on rather than shoes when I've been injected (because it makes your joint MORE swollen, so it's hard/painful to get on shoes) and I also plan on taking my crutches and a lollipop for after :P... I'm really quite scared, but I'm trying to keep myself positive and brave about it or I'll end up panicking about it, which I don't want to happen! 

I'm still waiting to receive my appointment, so there's no need to panic yet. Fingers crossed I get my appointment soon :)

TTFN, ta ta for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment